Saturday, August 15, 2009

Graduation Gifts & Nursing Pinning


After my surprise graduation party, we opened gifts and cards--I want to thank everyone who sent and gave cards, and for all of the thoughtful gifts!

This is the card I received from my family, and it really does summarize how I feel about starting a real job!


Next, we celebrated our own version of the "Nursing Pinning Ceremony" since I was unable to attend mine. I was again surprised by my amazing husband who presented me with two Nurses Pins. . . in the form of Diamond Earrings!!!

The girls got to do the honors--Brittney, Aubrey, and Merinda each assisted with the "Pinning."




I graduated with my Bachelors of Nursing Degree from BYU-Idaho twenty years after I first began college. I have tried to stress the importance of finishing college before being a mother, because being on the twenty-year plan just too difficult (even with all of my family's incredible support). However, after the surprise party, special "nurses pinning", and vacation to North Carolina, it ended better than I could of ever imagined!

1 comment:

Beth said...

congrats Ali!! you are my hero and I totally mean that. Way to Go Brad that was very sweet!! Who would have thunk..