Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall Happenings

We spent a wonderful weekend with the Wright family (Deb, Les, Jared, and Tyler), who came up to visit us Labor Day weekend. The highlight: a BBQ at Kincaid Lake, in Central KY.

The kids had fun throwing rocks and logs into the lake (something you never grow out of).
Brittney trying to keep from getting hypothermia, after all, its was in the upper sixties! (In her defense, we were all a little chilly since our bodies had been used to upper nineties, which was pretty much the temperature ALL SUMMER LONG!)
Fall would not be Fall without Football! However, instead of watching the team play, we go to watch the Band play!
 And more particularly, Aubrey, who plays the flute in the marching and concert bands.
On this night, however, it was Eighth Grade Night. The eighth-graders were invited to play (but not march) with the High School band. Here is a picture of Breck and Ashton (a friend from church), playing their saxophones.
Here is another picture of the eighth-graders (gray t-shirts) playing with the High-Schoolers.
Every time I tried to take Breck's picture, he would look away or put his instrument in front of his face.
I asked Breck if he had fun playing at a High School game for the first time. He said, "No, it was really boring." . . .the zoom on my camera says otherwise!
Merinda and Brad enjoying the game.
The other reason I love Fall so much - Seminary (early morning scripture-study class). This represents about 3/4 of my class. In case you couldn't tell, we meet in a science class at the High School. I love my students - they're the best!

1 comment:

Beth said...

o my heck Breck looks so much like brad... and I didnt even see you (ali ) in the seminary pic at first