Friday, June 24, 2011

Prom Night

Brittney got all gussied-up for her Senior Prom. . .The dress: a thirty dollar steal from Marshall's dept. store (maybe Brittney would not like me sharing that info with the world--oh well), the Jewelry: fake diamond necklace and bracelet borrowed from our good friend Bridgette and my earrings from Grandma Heelis, Hair-clip: a black rose made by Brittney's good friend Kate. . .
Shoes: Brittney's regular church shoes embellished with black rose pins that came with her dress (bonus!), Make-up: by Brittney which included cool silver eye-liner, Pedicure: by Brittney herself, and Hair: by me, her mom (who just had a ball going crazy with the hairspray!).
Brittney, and her good friend Daniela (her mom made her dress) went to Prom stag. This was pretty unheard of in my day but I guess girls no longer feel the need to sit and wait for a boy to ask them to their Senior Prom, and then feel totally rejected if not asked, and then spend the rest of their lives telling the story of how they didn't go to their Senior Prom because they never got asked. I also think that guys just don't ask girls out to Prom anymore unless they have a steady girlfriend. At least that's how it seems to be around these parts.
The girls then went up the street to Brittney's good friend Lauren's house, where we (all the parents) took more pictures and sent our girls off (kind of weird them not having dates, but they looked beautiful, and were very excited for the night).
The three girls then went out to eat at Cheddar's in Lexington where they met another friend Karen, and a large group of girls who all went to Prom together. All the girls danced the fast dances together and tried not to watch as the majority of the couples dirty-danced the slow dances. So, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to have all those girls go to their Senior Prom stag. At least they could say they all went, had a wonderful time, and their dignity was still intact by the end of the night!

2 comments:

Beth said...

a post for me... Im so excited!! Britney I am so glad you went to Prom... I am one of those old ladies that talks about not getting to go to my senior prom..:) Score on the dress too thats a good deal and pretty too

Becky Peterson said...

looking good! I love the dress!I asked a sophmore to my senior prom and I believe Uncle Brian went with one of my friends who needed a date. We had a blast, also. Congrats!