Thursday, December 8, 2011

Aubrey turns 16!

I can't believe that Aubrey is 16. It seems like when one child goes off to college, the others follow in quick succession!
When we asked Aubrey what she wanted for her 16th Birthday she said a party at the park with all of her friends (Aubrey's friend Niamh likes getting her picture taken as much as Brad does).
I think everyone had a good time even though it was last minute, a little cold, and very low-key (in typical Manwaring fashion!)
Aubrey also had a sweet surprise waiting for her when she arrived home one evening. I guess now she can't say, 'sweet sixteen and never been kissed.'
One of Aubrey's friends made this beautiful cake from scratch, for her on her birthday. The same day I took Aubrey out for lunch to any restaurant in Georgetown or Lexington--price was no object! She chose "Chick-Fillet" (did I mention the low-key Manwaring thing, well it's genetic).

The final picture is of Aubrey blowing out her candles, but I had to remove it because I promised Aubrey that I wouldn't post it on the blog. I guess she was having a bad hair day or something. . .

No comments: