Thursday, May 31, 2012

All About Merinda

Merinda had "DARE" graduation, which is a pretty big deal in KY, and is a way to keep kids drug-free.
The program is put on by the local police department, and they do a very good job. 
Next, was 5th Grade Graduation, which is also a big deal in KY.
Here is Merinda's certificate showing that she passed 5th grade and can now advance to Middle School next year.
Merinda won a $20.00 gift card to Walmart for an essay she wrote on places in Kentucky.
Merinda loved Mrs. Kelly her 5th grade teacher (and so did I).
After graduation they had a nice little reception for families. I didn't realize that I was supposed to invite ALL of our relatives. I will need to keep that in mind for 8th grade graduation (what happen to the days when there was only a high school graduation?).
Also, after graduation the grade school had their annual talent show. Merinda played the piano.
I must say that the talent show was very entertaining. In addition to Merinda, there were other piano players...
dancers...
singers with back-up singers...
soloist...
and singer-gymnasts! Yes, you heard right. I can truly say that this was a talent I have never seen before in my entire life, which made the show all the more exciting.

No comments: