Wednesday, November 12, 2014

REO Speedwagon Concert

A selfie of Brad and me at the concert.
Aubrey text me one day and said that her friend in Kentucky won free tickets to an REO Speedwagon concert, but were unable to go, so Aubrey asked if I would be interested. "Interested? Absolutely!", I said, "But for that to come to pass, the moon and all the stars would need to align just perfectly in the sky, and that's never going to happen!" Well, I am here to testify that miracles do happen!
It's hard to believe that I went to an REO Speedwagon concert twenty seven years ago, when I was just sixteen! This is what the band looked like then! 
 And this is what I looked like! We both have that 80's hair!!!

The concert was held at a brand new event's center in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, about an hours drive from our house.

Even though our seats were towards the back, we still had a great view of the stage.
 These pictures were taken with my phone--which shows you what a great venue it was, every seat in the place was a good one.
This was Brad's first concert, so I was hoping he would have a good experience (and want to go to more in the future).
 I also expected the concert to be a little more chill than the one I went to twenty seven years ago, especially when you consider the band members are old now (their first hit was in 1971, the year I was born), and my obsession for them occurred towards the end of their reign at the top of the charts (even though they have stayed together all these years, and keep up a crazy touring schedule!). Not to mention, the age of the fans--technically Brad and I should of been on the younger side.  
 So, for me, the band did not disappoint. They were as loud, energetic, and awesome as they were the first time I saw them. But, I learned that age (most of the audience was our age and older) doesn't matter once you've had a few too many beers! Unfortunately, the drunkest people in the place, were sitting right next to Brad. They kept hitting him, tripping over him, and bugging him half the night. I tried to get Brad to trade places with me (I was sitting next to two eighty-year-old ladies in leather capris, with their fingers in their ears) but he wouldn't. Luckily, they finally moved to the floor where they had more room to carry on their shenanigans. The other big turn-off was all the old people making out everywhere--that form of PDA was a little disturbing. 
 
All and all, it was the best date-night I've had in a long time! Even though I have gotten older,
And the band members are all grey, I still love their music, and will continue to listen to them for many years to come!

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

Holy Cow! I've been trying to catch up! I have missed lots of running, and birthdays and band performance and senior pictures and trips and everything! I'm exhausted with all of that running you are doing -- but I'm proud of you for doing it! (I'm not a fan of running longer than 30 seconds myself). And the concert with REO Speedwagon would not have been my favorite date -- but I'm glad you enjoyed it. The old ladies with the leather capris and their fingers in their ears made me laugh. Do you suppose they had fun? Anyhow, sorry for slacking so long -- but I do enjoy catching up!