Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Fun with Grandma

 We had a wonderful visit with Grandma Heelis again, 
 who came to celebrate with us Merinda's 8th grade graduation and Breck's high school graduation.
 But the most fun we had with her
was just sitting on the couch,
watching our favorite TV shows,
and being silly together.
She even found a Coke with one of my friend's names on it and wanted to buy it for her,
 until I told her my friend doesn't drink Coke, so we took a picture instead.
 Following in tradition, we took Grandma, Breck, and Kirsten (or friend of Breck's choosing) out for a nice senior graduation dinner.
 Breck's first choice was The Cheesecake Factory, but after finding out it would be an hour and a half wait, 
 
we went to the restaurant next door - Abuelo's.
 
  The food was still delicious, and the best part, no wait! 
 
On Mother's Day I wanted to get a picture with "skinny Brad" to use as wallpaper on my phone.
 I am really proud of Brad who has lost over 75 lbs through diet (Weight Watchers) and exercise. It's not so much that he is skinnier now, but that he is much more healthy, doesn't snore any more, and has increased the chances of us enjoying many more quality active years together!
 I celebrated my birthday on Mother's Day with wonderful gifts from Brad and the kids.
  For my actual birthday, I spent two days in Detroit with Brad, eating out at the best restaurants ever: "Bad Brad's BBQ" (that was seriously the name),
and Buddy's Pizza (with the most amazing Kale salad).

No comments: