Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Races

Air force Marathon 

 Following with tradition Brad and I once again ran the Air Force half marathon  located on the Air Force base in Dayton, Ohio.
 It was a chilly but beautiful morning, which was a relief since it had rained all night.
 Every year an aircraft is featured for the race which ends up flying overhead before the race begins, and is also the t-shirt's logo for that year. This year it was the B-1 stealth bomber, which I actually got a picture of for the first time.
 We had to take this picture before the race since it is the same picture we take every year.
  A new addition to the race attractions this year.


 I was also able to get a picture of the parachuters for the first time. It's fun to watch them jump out of the plane, and then land in front of us right before the race begins.
 Since Brad and I didn't race for time this year (due to Brad being sick) I thought it would be fun to take my camera with me on the run and snap some action shots.
 From these pictures you can tell the number of people who run the race - it usually sells-out about nine months before the actual race.
 I love running on base because it is very beautiful, and flat!
 This is the last turn before heading to the finish line. The last mile of the race usually feels like five.
Here is the final stretch to the finish line. There are about a million spectators cheering you on to the finish, it's a pretty neat feeling.
The actual finish line. Unfortunately I did not get any "after" pictures of us because my camera battery died.  
 But Aubrey did take this picture of Brad and I in our cool shirts later on race day, once I recharged my battery.

Horsey 5 K

 Also, following with tradition, we, or should I say I, ran the Horsey 5 k for our little town's "Festival of the Horse". 
 Brad didn't run this year due to illness so I ran all alone for the first time in many years. Aubrey took this picture of me while directing the runners. She was one of the volunteers (who was earning service hours for Beta Club).
 This is the "after picture" of me by myself (even church members that usually run did not participate this year - it was a sad year for the Horsey 5 K). I did win first place, however! (out of only two female runners my age).
 Aubrey was a great support, and my number one (and only) fan! Thanks Aubrey!!!

1 comment:

Sherie Christensen said...

Oh how I dislike running, but I really admire those of you who do it. Great job!