Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Girls Camp

 This year was Merinda's first year at Girl's Camp.
 She had a great time with other first year campers,
 friends from church,
 her best friend Lauren,
and a wonderful group of 
 Youth Camp Leaders (YCL's)!
 With camp shirts on and camp books in hand,
 the girls were ready to begin their girl's camp adventure.
 Here, the Stake Camp Leaders are hashing out last minute preparations. 
 Even the older girls were excited for the week.
 Unfortunately, this year I couldn't stay the whole week, but I did enjoy coming back for Bishop's night with dancing, skits, and testimony meeting.


 Bishop/President Jenkins was a good sport as the girls "tried his patience".

 Each girls had the opportunity to participate, whether they were being silly
 or serious. . .
 as with the Turn Around skit. 
 One of Merinda's favorite part's of camp was testimony meeting, which I have to admit was very inspiring, even though it lasted well after midnight.
 Merinda had to leave right after testimony meeting because we were leaving for "Wicked" the next morning. I told her I would help her gather her stuff, and clean her bunk (above). Little did I know what I was getting myself into!
 The cabin was completely disgusting and smelly with wet clothes, shoes, and towels thrown amongst spilled juice, chewed up candy, and camp paraphernalia.
I can't remember anything so gross, except for maybe the year I went to girls camp with Aubrey, and stayed in her cabin which won the messiest cabin award!

No comments: