Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Prom & Mormon Prom

Senior Prom

  Aubrey's friend Tyler ("Jors") asked her to Prom this year even though for some reason she was anti-senior prom. I think neither one was too excited about the idea of going, but they finally made it official. Brad and I expressed to Aubrey that if she didn't go, she might regret it later on in life. Luckily, she had a beautiful $15.00 Goodwill dress, Brittney to do her hair, and me to scrub the mud off her flats (which she told me was a waste of time because her dress was "long enough to cover her shoes").
 And of course, to add insult to injury, I just had to take my quota of pictures which began with the serious pose 
 then the happy sitting pose . . .
 the happy standing pose . . .
 the pose with the family pet (which in our case is the family plant, Fred). . .
the girlfriend pose (with good friend Haley) . . .
the outdoor pose . . .
 the group pose (with Haley's date Major) on the back deck
 and the silly face pose on the front porch!
However, the pose that surprised us the most (especially Aubrey) was the Prom Queen pose. When they announced Aubrey's name as prom queen she was pretty shocked and asked, "do I have to go up there?" as someone pushed her from behind. She text me that she was prom queen and being the supportive mother I am said "ha, ha Aubrey, funny joke". Not until I received other congratulatory texts did I realize it was not a joke.

Mormon Prom

 It was also no joke that Aubrey's good friend, Kyle (not a Mormon),asked her to Mormon Prom on his 18th birthday!
 
 They went with a wonderful group of kids from school: Maggie, Josiah, Sam (not a Mormon either but a very good sport), Alec, Aubrey, and Kyle. Here, they are sporting crowns they received while browsing the Disney store before the dance, and after eating out.
  And of course, Brad and I just had to crash the dance after going to the movies because . . .
like Kyle, it was my birthday too, and I didn't want to miss out on all the fun!
 The kids had a great night, and who wouldn't with such great food, decorations, dancing,
and friends! 

No comments: