Thursday, September 14, 2017

Merinda Turns 16!

I can't believe my baby turned sixteen this year! But, once again, Merinda was sick on her birthday, so this was the best smile we could get.
 And once again she requested strawberry cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. Only this time I changed things up a bit and put strawberries and cream in the middle.
 All of my cake-decorating tips have mysteriously disappeared, so this was all I could do (not my best work).
 And to top it all off, I made her blow out the candles away from her cake so that she wouldn't contaminate it with sick germs.
 She invited her good friend Nikara over for pizza, cake, and ice cream, but unfortunately, her favorite ice cream, red velvet, was out, so she had to settle for cookie dough.
 So here it is, her crazy 'sweet sixteen' birthday party! (we Manwarings know how to do things right!!)
 At least she got her favorite purple Doritos,
a big hug from her Mamma, 
and Chick Filet gift cards from her grandma Heelis 
  (and it really doesn't get any better than that!).
  I personally enjoyed her card from grandma Heelis, whether it's your sixteenth birthday, or sixtieth, it's all the same (well, kind of)!
 
 The next day, on her actual birthday, our good friends the Holts, saved the day by taking her out to eat at her favorite restaurant (where else but Chick Filet!)
Merinda and Veronica
 
She also recieved a very nice card, her favorite chocolate, and balloons from the Holts.
 Brittney sent her a CTR bracelet and exercise clothes, and that night her friend Austin came over to watch a movie. So, all in all, I think it turned out to be a pretty okay sixteenth birthday.


No comments: