Monday, November 27, 2017

Wedding Time

 I kind of like to think of Shayanne as one of my own daughters since she grew up with my girls, and I did teach her every morning for four years!
 David served in our Ward as a missionary and was very well liked. The interesting thing is that Shayanne wasn't living in Kentucky while David was here. They became friends after David's mission, when he moved back to Utah.
 Shayanne's reception in Utah (Shayanne and David were married in the Payson Temple) with more of "my girls" Katelyn, Bekah, and the Jenkin girls, who now all live in Utah.
 Shayenne and David's reception in Georgetown, Kentucky.
 I've never understood the smash cake in each other's face thing, but at least David was nice enough to place napkins around Shay's neck and protect her dress somewhat.
 
 And at least he was nice enough to clean off her face afterwards!
 
 Shayanne then sang David a song, as a special gift to him.
 (More lovebirds Amanda and Noe)
 The couple then danced alone together after Shayanne danced with her father,
 and then it was time for everyone to dance!
 Even Merinda said "yes" when Brad asked her to dance.
My pictures would have been more clear if I was closer, but then I would of risked Merinda choosing not to dance with her dad, and although fuzzy, these pics are priceless!
Kathy Alexander was the DJ, and let me just say that I want to get married again just so she can be my DJ!!! 
 Merinda dancing with Jake Hale.
 Josiah & Nikara, Mark & Kathy, and Jake & Merinda swinging around the dance floor!
It was such a fun night, and we wish all the best to Shaynne and David and their new life together!

No comments: