Wednesday, April 17, 2019

March Happenings

Brittney and Sean enjoying engagement life, and doing things with other couples.
(View of Toronto from Brittney's hotel room) 
Brittney spending a week in Toronto, Canada for a work convention.
 Merinda sporting her favorite knit hat,
 and me still using my Christmas table cloth. But in our defense, March was cold enough to feel like the middle of Winter!
 Merinda's Spring band concert (that was on a colder day in March than in the middle of December).
 Trying to warm ourselves up by eating Korean Barbecue with Merinda's friend Hyo, who is an exchange student from Korea. 
 Aubrey and Merinda broadening their food horizons. 
 Getting shakes at Steak N' Shake after dinner.
 Aubrey craving an old Chilean dish that consisted of sweet potatoes, noodles, sausage, and beans. I did  my best to recreate it according to her instructions, and she said it tasted pretty darn close to the original. 
 Going shopping for a day in Lexington with my friend Miho, and then grabbing lunch at 5 Guys Burgers since she had never eaten there, and all of her Japanese friends rave about it.
 While standing in line to order, Miho pointed to this very big sign on the wall. I was so excited and said "Miho, that is the exact town where all of my kids go to college!" I later texted my friend Diane who's family are potato farmers in Rexburg, and sure enough, she knew the Wilcox family. I just love it when the world is so small!
 I don't know why I have so many food pictures for March, maybe because all the significant happenings revolved around eating since it was too cold to do anything else! Anyway, while I was eating 5 Guys, Brad was in Japan on a business trip eating this! Deep fried fish skeleton that you break apart and crunch on for an appetizer ... kind of like chips! 
 The main course wasn't much better ... raw tuna, fish eggs, smelt, and baby shrimp!
 And then to top it all off, a yummy fish head for dessert! (I think I'll pass on expensive Japanese meals!)
 Also in March, our good friends the Alexander's daughter Victoria got married,
 and the cutest picture ever of Austin Holt holding the Alexander's baby duck!
Last but not least, Aubrey went to a Mardi Gras/St. Patrick's Day YSA dance and actually had a good time, and met some great people! Yay!

No comments: