Thursday, May 5, 2016

Time Out For Women

 
I had a great time at Time Out For Women in Covington, Kentucky.
 
I rode and stayed in the same hotel room with two of my best buddies Veronica and Christina.
I know I sound like a broken record but the weather was perfect,
  
 and the Covington Waterfront was pretty awesome with views of Downtown Cincinnati.
 Veronica took pictures of me and Christina taking pictures of the city.
 
 Mother daughter bonding.
 Veronica and I modeling the view,
 
and our free TOFW totes.
 
John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge, a U.S. National Historic Landmark, built in 1856.
 
View of Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.
 
 
Cool murals of Kentucky's history,
 
 painted on the outside of the old brick buildings, Downtown Covington.
 I've always seen this building from the freeway, but it was interesting to see it up close. I thought it was painted blue and white, but the blue part is actually windows.
 Brad was nice enough to book us a hotel room using his Marriott rewards points.
These were the views outside our hotel room window...
 
 
 
The night views of the city lights were especially beautiful.
 
 And to top things off, there was a Reds vs. Cubs baseball game at the Great American Ball Park in Downtown Cincinnati, so we got to watch a 30 min. firework show out our window at the close of the game!
 Fiona Givens was one of my favorite speakers, she co-wrote with her husband "The Crucible of Doubt" and "The God Who Weeps".
 But I have to admit, the main reason I went was to see David Archuleta!
 
 And he did not disappoint. He was just so humble and real, with that angelic voice - definitely the highlight of the weekend. 
 Lisa Clark and Mary Ellen Edmunds 
 were my other favorite speakers because of the comic relief they brought to the whole thing.
 And the vocal group GENTRI (The Gentlemen Trio) were pretty entertaining too.
 (and it didn't hurt that they were easy on the eyes as well)
 The Covington Convention Center was a comfortable venue. 
 Here is a picture of the majority of the women who went from our Ward. I am not the one taking the picture and am actually in the picture on the other side of Christina (story of my life!). 
 The Linares' family.
 Our fearless seat saver, Amanda.
And three more awesome ladies: Valerie, Nicole, and Natalie.

No comments: