Monday, July 10, 2017

Mom's Visit

 It was sure nice having Mom come and visit for Aubrey's homecoming (I'm modeling the outfit Mom sent me for my birthday)!
 
 
 Eating out at Chick-fil-A! 
Since Brad and I don't normally eat out, it had been a long time since Merinda got to enjoy her favorite food,
 and even longer since Aubrey got to enjoy her favorite fast food restaurant as well! 
 One whole day we spent shopping with Aubrey. We decided that Aubrey was good luck because everywhere we went there were great deals. She even remembered (from six years ago) that there was an organic restaurant in our favorite shopping place! (I recommend "Cosi", if you ever want a nutritious place to eat while shopping at Hamburg in Lexington).
 And we just had to take Mom to Dewy's Pizza...
 and Twelve Degrees in Morrow, Ohio.
 And we can't forget some of our favorite homemade food like Mom's famous potato salad, broccoli cauliflower salad, and sweet pulled pork sliders! But we did do other things besides eat, like Mom keeping me company for an entire day straight (from eight in the morning until two am the next day) while I crochet Brittney a blanket that had to get done before Brittney's surprise visit. 
 It was also wonderful that Mom was able to listen as Aubrey gave her mission report to the Stake High Council, with all her wonderful stories and growing experiences in Chile.
Mom, and the rest of us, also enjoyed visiting with the Holts and Barbers during Aubrey's homecoming open house. 
 Mom was a good sport even when we dragged her to Scott Co. Park for Georgetown's YSA's FHE (Mom visiting with Veronica Holt).
 Brad grilling hamburgers,
 and Aubrey just happy being around old friends again.
 Merinda also fitting right in with the YSA crowd.
 In addition to visiting, the YSA had a great time swinging...
and playing Corn-hole. 
 And of course, I can't forget the amazing job Mom did transforming my flower garden from drab to fab!!
I sure love having my Mamma around and I just wish some day we can live closer to one another! Thanks for coming to visit Mom! I sure love and miss you!

No comments: