Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Football Season!

It's that time of year again...Football!!! As much as I love watching the Scott County Cardinals play (the first game was a blow-out, of course),
I love watching the band even more (yep, I'm a nerdy band mom!).
This year the band has a new director, Mrs. King, 
and I think she's doing a pretty great job! 
 
Stalking Merinda who is in the back, right side.
 
 Maybe no one noticed except the band parents, 
 
but the marching band performed many more difficult maneuvers, than in years past.
 Merinda said they were able to learn these so quickly because of the great organization at band camp.
 
 With 350 kids in the band, it make sense to have more drum majors, class leaders, section leaders etc. etc. (hmmm, the advantages of a woman director!). The band is so large, I couldn't even fit them all in my picture!
 Just stalking Merinda again, who is in the second row from the right (unfortunately, i-phone's zoom lenses aren't like regular cameras (at least not yet).
 Stalking Merinda as she exits the field. I am looking forward to watching the band play at all the home games this year (and maybe I'll even watch a little football while I'm at it!).

No comments: