Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse Day

 I'm not one for pomp and circumstance, and even less inclined to jump on bandwagons, so the day of the Solar Eclipse, I had no glasses and no plans, even though the sun's coverage in Georgetown would be 90 percent. As the day progressed I decided that some glasses would be nice, and sharing the experience with Merinda, would be nice too, so I said a little prayer (that I could find some glasses at such late notice, but totally understanding if I didn't) and called my friend Amy, who knows everything about everything. She informed me that there were no glasses to be found, unless I was willing to drive all over KY (which I wasn't). But I decided to check Merinda out of school anyway (many schools were closed that day, but not hers), and drive to the park to view some darkness, or something. Low and behold, on our way to the park I get a call from Amy saying that a nice man just gave her two extra pairs of glasses. So I turned around and drove the five minuets to the rest stop where she, and her kids, were watching the eclipse. When we arrived, I admit that I may have shed a little tear, not because those glasses were that important thing to me, but because my silly little prayer was answered. Thanks to God and Amy, Merinda and I were able to actually see a Solar Eclipse!
 I love Ethan! I can't believe that he and Merinda are Juniors in high school! I remember, like it was yesterday, visiting Amy in the hospital the day Ethan was born!
 The kids comparing hand sizes.
 The nice man who gave us the extra pairs of glasses.
 Merinda and I ready to watch the eclipse.
 
 The whole gang: Amy, Ryan, Brinley, Merinda, Ashton, and Ethan.
 Me having fun watching the kids, watching the solar eclipse.
 
 I promise this is not me taking a selfie, I was just trying to take a decent picture of the eclipse (because it was so cool looking!).
 
But unfortunately, this was the best I could do. 
 
Attempt number two with the solar glasses on my i-phone's lens (not real great either). I guess that's what TV is for - quality Solar Eclipse pictures!

No comments: