Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Andrea Bocelli

 While in Clearwater, Brad and I watched Andrea Bocelli perform in concert at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
 The concert was on February 13th, and was the best Valentine's gift Brad has ever given me!
 I have always loved Bocelli's amazing tenor voice, and I did not want to pass up the opportunity to hear him live in concert. 
 I was tiny bit nervous that his voice would not be everything I had hoped, because live performances are so different from studio recordings.
But my worries were totally unfounded. His voice was even more awesome in person. 
And he certainly held his own, even with an entire orchestra and full choir behind him.
 The guest performers were also pretty amazing as well, like Marisa Martinez, who was a fellow Italian soprano, 
(for an encore Bocelli and Martinez sang my fav Time to Say Goodbye
and Pia Toscano, who was actually once a contestant on American Idol, and eliminated much to everyone's shock.
Caroline Campbell, an American violinist, also performed, and she pretty much knocked my socks off!
There was also a couple who beautifully performed both contemporary and ballroom dancing while Bocelli sang.
Last but not least, Andrea performed with his very attractive son, Matteo Bocelli.
One of the songs they sang was their recently recorded duet, Fall On Me.
 
 I want to thank my husband Brad, for making all of my wishes come true! It was a night I won't soon forget!

No comments: