Monday, October 7, 2019

Empty Nesters!

 What's the first thing you do when you're an empty-nester?
 You go camping and rock climbing at Red River Gorge, of course!
 Since we are beginners at this rock climbing thing, we chose to climb via ferrata, a type of rock climbing using Rebar for feet and hand grips. 
It's a great security feature, but does not make the climbing any less scary (at least for me who is deathly afraid of heights). However, after a few freak-out moments, and some deep-breathing exercises, I was able to conquer the beginner and intermediate levels. 
Cabin where we received instructions and our gear. 
Climbers on the rock's face, on the advanced course.
Brad started to climb one of the more advanced levels but decided he was too fatigued, and that he would try another day when his muscles were fresh.
 Even the climb down was a little sketchy.
 But, we survived, had a great time, and plan on eventually conquering all of the levels!
So, what else do you do when you're an empty-nester? You go out with friends to your favorite Mexican restaurant and try to sing karaoke for the first time!  
That too I will do again, only next time I will choose an easier song, that's slower and more within my range! I must redeem myself!

No comments: