Wednesday, June 3, 2020

New Home!


So what do you do when there's a pandemic, and you're husband has an ongoing illness?
 You buy a new house and try to sell your old one, of course!

The house we bought is a middle unit town-home, that's in a triplex. (above) I went from not wanting ANY neighbors to having two on either side of my walls. It's just time and seasons I guess. Either that or I am subconsciously worried that I might be a widow sooner than later, and the thought of no yard work with people around me just brings a certain peace of mind. 
It's a brand new home on a golf course, which is also nice since Brad and I waned to take up golf (which might be on hold for a little while). Above is a picture of the back of the triplex taken from the golf course.
We have lived in the home for a couple of months now and have enjoyed it very much. It's quite a large subdivision built entirely around the golf course so we get the beautiful views and landscaping without all the work. It's also a great place for me to do my morning runs and for Brad and I to walk in the evening! 

Our furniture is still random and a little sparse because most of it is still in our old house, 
but we did order a few new things from Wayfair (since all furniture stores were closed due to Covid 19) like: new bar stools (since I also finally have the kitchen bar I've always wanted) 
new accent tables (that Brad picked out), 
and a new sectional that we bought after a private showing.   
Other than my bathtub (that I finally have in my master bathroom after 29 years of marriage), relaxing on my zero gravity camp chair (one day we'll get regular patio furniture), on my back patio. is my favorite place to be!
I also love the fact that our new house is low maintenance. It's actually has a few more square feet than our old home (above), but has two less bedrooms, one less bathroom, and a small yard that is taken care of by the association!
Now don't get me wrong, I did really like our old home, and the two decks were nice, but they were in full sun most of the day, and not being covered was hard on the wood, and not a pleasant place to sit and relax in the heat of the day. 

The yard was also beautiful, but there was still plenty to mow and with mine and Brad's allergies, Brad's health issues, and being empty nesters (if Merinda actually gets to go back to school someday), it was just time to come up with a different solution.
 The first company we had at our new house were the Holts, who came over for a little visit on Easter Sunday.
It was so nice to actually have company again, even if we didn't have furniture (at least we were social distancing!).
We played a fun game that Aubrey brought over,
 
and had root bear floats,
and a delicious Easter-themed cake 

that Christina made.
It was good to feel semi-normal again!

No comments: