Monday, September 15, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Utah the Beautiful

Jordan River Trail, Utah County


I loved my morning runs on the Jordan River 
Trail!

I ran from the Point of the Mountain...
to Utah Lake, and everywhere in between.

One morning I ran to Utah Lake just as the sun was coming up.

I balanced on reeds, 

walking all the way to the water,

as I watched the glorious sunrise.

It was a little more tricky getting back, however, and I fell numerous times in the swamp.
But it was well worth it!

Mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon (while swimming Grey Water Reservoir)

 

 West Mountains, Utah County (taken while driving North on I-15)

I don't know why the best photo opportunities come while driving on the freeway.
 
Amazing view of the sun rays. 
Now just imagine how beautiful these pictures would be if they had not been taken while looking out a buggy window, going 70 mph on I-15!

Timpanogos and Provo Canyon (while driving Provo Canyon road and I-15)

Back of Timp
Provo Canyon
Wasatch Front and Timp
Deer Creek Reservoir.

Wasatch Mountain State Park, Midway, Utah (again while driving)

Wasatch Mountains: Midway, Brighten, Deer Valley, and Park City, Utah

I told Matt that I really needed to get my feel of the mountains while in Utah, so he was nice enough one day to take us on a drive through his neck of the woods, the Wasatch Mountains and Ski Resorts.
  Views of Heber and Midway Valley's
 
 
While stopping to do a little hiking, I decided to try out my zoom.

Beautiful mountain lakes taken from across the the mountain range. 

While hiking around we were stopped by a couple who asked if we had a camera with a good zoom because they wanted to see what that dark shadow was, on the other side of the trees, by the road. They thought it might be a Moose. This was our view from afar...

and this is what we saw after I took a picture of the shadow using my zoom.

Their prediction was correct, thanks to the awesome zoom lens on my little camera. 
Oh how I loved walking again amongst the ... 

Quaking Aspen, 
colorful wildflowers,
and effervescent Sage Brush,
while spotting more wild animals with my camera's zoom lens.
 
As we ventured to the other side of the mountain (to see what we could see)...
a whole other view open up to us looking down,
and looking up.
 
Before long, we realized we were right next to a ski lift.
The view was absolutely breathtaking!
 
But due to my fear of heights,
  I would not want to experience the view, from one of those chair lifts, on a winter's day.
As we drove down the mountain,
 
we were able to see the same lift looking up. 
We also viewed other lifts and runs that comprised the Canyon, Brighten, Deer Valley, and Park City Resorts.  
We then drove to Provo Falls. I don't know how I can grow up in Utah Valley and not know that the Provo River originated here.
 
Mom apparently has already been to the Falls, but was a good sport and came with us again.
Like everything on our tour so far, they did not disappoint!
  Even Merinda thought they were pretty cool.
Matt--my (nature) hero!!!
Feeling the cool mountain water from the snow run-off.  
What can I say that hasn't already been said a million times.
Mom getting pretty daring in her young age. She realizes, however, the importance of the perfect backdrop.
 

As we meandered back to Midway, we snapped more incredible pictures of the sun going down over Midway Reservoir,

and of the Midway Reservoir Dam.  
My final picturesque viewing opportunities of beautiful Utah were Midway alfalfa fields blanketed by smoked-colored clouds (from the forest fires),
 
and sunset over Deer Creek Reservoir.
 
 I had the most amazing four weeks with family and friends, and soaking up the vastness and majesty of God's creations in both Idaho and Utah. This will be an experience I won't long forget, and the reason why I love my Home Sweet Home!

1 comment:

Debbye said...

OH ALI !!! I love these pictures...Mom