Friday, December 8, 2017

The Glitz

For my monthly luncheon with my nursing friends, we decided to go some place special for the holidays. The restaurant my friend Donna recommended was called "The Glitz". It was located in the basement of this old school (that she used to attend when she was a child), nestled in the rolling hills and horse farms of Woodford county. 
 The drive and setting were just as beautiful as the restaurant and old school turned museum and consignment mall. 
Lunch with the gals, Linda and Donna.
 A group selfie (of course).
The front door was so festive, and there was even Christmas music playing outside.
 Once you enter the large front doors...
the sparkle hits you right in the face.
 
There were at least four levels of rooms, halls, nooks and crannies filled to capacity
with the largest concentration of antiques I have ever seen.
The main chandelier was something to behold!
Even the Lady's room was amazing...
Vanity and sitting area on the way to the restroom,
statue inside the restroom,
unique mirrors and porcelain chandelier.
 Entrance to the restaurant which was located in the basement.
 Stairs to the basement and restaurant.
 
Front desk and one of the private dining rooms.
Entrance to the coat room. 
Our dining area (now I see why they call it The Glitz!).
 
Our beautiful table in the corner.
 Our lunch was a little expensive but nothing too outrageous, and it was very delicious! My appetizer was crackers and apple slices with a mango chutney cheese ball (soooo good). 
 My entree which consisted of chicken with various cheeses, spinach, mushrooms, and pine nuts with a side of kale and pears.  
 For dessert I ordered the pumpkin nut cake with a warm bourbon caramel sauce and real whip cream (yeah, it was as good as it sounds!). 
 For their desserts, Linda ordered the peppermint ice cream, and Donna chose her usual, the Mocha ice cream on a meringue cookie with hot fudge and almonds.
After lunch (which was the perfect amount, and not too rich) we explored the rooms and shop upstairs. I loved all the nativity scenes - here are just a few... 
 
 
 
The other thing I loved were all the beautifully decorated Christmas trees...
 
My next favorite thing were all the antique mirrors and lamps...
I'm always a sucker for Tiffany lamps...
 
 
I also saw some of the most interesting chandeliers!
  
I loved all the ornate Victorian style vanities,
dressers,
and curio cabinets. 
Even the display cases were festively decorated. 
My favorite set of dishes (unfortunately, I can't remember how old, or from where they originated).
Some really expensive antiques!
This was my favorite festive room. 


 Every room was packed full of the most incredible antiques, some you could purchase, and others were just for looking. This room pretty much blew my mind, but nothing in here was for sale.The entire room was roped off for viewing purposes only.
 One side of the room,
  and the other side.
  I loved these other rooms as well...
  
  
  There were all kinds of antiques, through all the ages. I am merely giving you a glimpse of my favorites.
  
  
 
 This was another "holy cow" room!
 Before leaving, we quickly looked through the little gift shop that sold vintage jewelry and clothing, and these most interesting handbags. 
 I just want to thank Donna for recommending such an awesome place, and I can't wait for another great lunch next month with these wonderful ladies!!!

No comments: