Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Tis the Season for ... Brad's Birthday

 
 Brad turned 51 this year, and I can truly say that I feel sorry for whoever's birthday is in the month of December! I totally forgot it was his birthday until I was looking over my calendar mid-morning. And sadly, his birthday "party" was as weak as it looks. 
 Luckily, both Brittney and Aubrey remembered their dad's birthday from the get go, and then Brittney joined our little celebration in the evening via FaceTime (Aubrey was taking finals, and Merinda had pep band).
 Mom came through for Brad once again this year with a very thoughtful card and gift (I hope he knows that he has the nicest mother-in-law in the whole world!).
 For his one and only real birthday gift, Mom gave him "Phonesoap".
 Brad and Breck reading about how this nifty little gadget cleans and disinfects cell phones and their cases. Brad then tried it out, and immediately felt better (and so did I because his phone is seriously disgusting) about having his cell phone on the kitchen table, and everywhere else he goes! 
 Breck gave Brad a health drink, non-gmo organic black licorice (who knew!),
 
 and the most awesome card! 
And of course, I slaved over Brad's favorite, German Chocolate cake (from Kroger), and diet Dr. Pepper (yeah, pretty sad, I know). 
Brad's only birthday requests were hugs from Breck and I, and to watch La La Land (which we did, and enjoyed very much!).

No comments: